Friday, August 12, 2005


Dog
Houses

A few years ago a dog house was purchased for our aussie shepherd Timber-Girl.
We bought her the house because we were taking a trip to Mexico and needed a place that would protect her in case it got cold or rained while we were away. We tried everything to get her accustomed to her new pad. Warm blankets, tasty doggie treats, personnal items that contained both J.C. and my smells. I remember even climbing in thinking if she saw me in there she would wanna be there too. Months and months of coaxing and we finally realized she preferred to shiver in the cold and rain then climb into its safety. The fancy dog house wound up in a corner on the patio. Spiders made their home in its warmth, feral cats liked its coziness, and eventually it became the place where I stored lighter fluid, charcoal and wood for summer BBQs.

A few weeks ago I had a garage sale. I decided to put The fancy dog house up for sale. I removed all my BBQ supplies, the padding those feral cats cozied up to , and removed all those spidey webs. A good cleaning inside /out and a price tag of $25.00. I had many lookers that first day. On the second day I lowered the price to $20.00 but as the day passed I had no takers. By the end of the day my asking price was down to $5.00. I couldnt believe nobody wanted this incredibly priced dog house. When the sale was over the dog house went back onto the porch in a corner.

Tonight I was driving home from school and the rain was coming down in buckets. I love when we get those incredible downpours but was worried because Timber is afraid of thunder and lightening. As I pulled onto the property I looked back and saw Timber, she was curled up in the dog house and looked so happy to have a safe place from the storm. Im sure glad nobody needed a doghouse last weekend I think Timber is too.